CALL TO ORDER
A regular meeting of the Wilde Lake Village Board was called to order by Kevin McAliley, Chair,on June 4, 2018 at 6:30pm at Slayton House, Columbia, Maryland. Members present were Kevin McAliley, Chair; Laura Torres, Interim Vice Chair; Mary Calder; Bess Caplan; Stephen Mowatt; Nancy McCord, Columbia Council Rep; Kristin Shulder, Village Manager. Also present were Greg Marty Oltmanns and Emma Barnett, CA Aquatics; Rev. Brian Akers, Oneness Center for Spiritual Living; and Carl McKinney, Covenant Advisor.
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
Ms. Torres made a motion, seconded by Ms.Calder, to approve the agenda for June 4, 2018. All in favor.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Ms. Caplan made a motion, seconded by Mr. Mowatt, to approve the minutes of May 7, 2018. All in favor.
SPECIAL GUESTS: Columbia Association Aquatics, Wilde Lake Outdoor Pools Staff
Marty Oltmanns, CA Aquatics Director and Emma Barnett attended. Upgrades to the Faulkner Ridge pool have recently been completed, including expanding the pool deck at the far end of the pool to better accommodate swim team. The Swim Center is closed while the roof is being replaced and improvements are made to the entranceway. Estimated completion date and re-opening is mid-September. Mr. Oltmanns hopes to have final drawings for the Running Brook splashpad to bring to the July Village Board meeting.
Special Guest: Genie Wessel, Wilde Lake Representative, Columbia Association Senior Advisory Committee
Ms. Wessel reviewed her notes from recent CA SAC meetings. She was very interested in the presentation by Danielle Tyeryar from Columbia Association about ticks and mosquitoes.
Columbia Council Report
Ms. McCord reported that the CA Board members recently held a retreat which she felt was very productive. She learned that CA Open Space is sending letters to property owners whose property is encroaching on CA’s. Open Space is using new technology to scan property lines. There are hundreds of properties all throughout Columbia.
No residents attended.
ORDER OF BUSINESS
Request for Free Use: Oneness Center for Spiritual Living
- Rev. Akers explained that the Oneness Center and its partners are planning a holiday meal for local families in need.
- Ms. Caplan made a motion, seconded by Ms. Calder, to approve the request for free use. All in favor.
Request for 15-Day Notice and ARC Resolution: 10395 Green Mountain Circle
- The property owner has not responded to Mr. McKinney’s letters and no attempt has been made to correct any of the covenant violations.
- Ms. Caplan made a motion, seconded by Mr. Mowatt, to approve the 15-Day notice and ARC resolution. All in favor.
Election of Vice Chair
- Ms. Caplan made a motion, seconded by Ms. Calder, to elect Laura Torres as Vice Chair through October and Mr. Mowatt as Vice Chair beginning in November. All in favor.
Acknowledgement of Fiduciary Duty and Receipt of Conflict of Interest/Whistleblower Policies
Board members signed acknowledgement and receipt of policies.
Board Meeting Schedule
- Mr. Mowatt made a motion, seconded by Ms. Torres, to approve the meeting schedule with September 4 as the September meeting date. All in favor.
Designate Co-Signator for Bank Accounts
- Ms. Caplan made a motion, seconded by Ms. Calder, to designate Mr. McAliley as Co-Signator. All in favor.
Appoint Time Keeper for Meetings
- Mr. Mowatt made a motion, seconded by Ms. Caplan, to appoint Ms. Torres as time keeper for meetings. All in favor.
- Ms. Torres made a motion, seconded by Ms. Calder, to appoint Ms. Caplan and Mr. Mowatt to the Finance Committee. All in favor.
- Ms. Caplan made a motion, seconded by Ms. Torres, to appoint Ms. Calder as chair of the Education Committee. All in favor.
Health and Wellness
- Ms. Calder made a motion, seconded by Mr. Mowatt, to appoint Ms. Torres as chair of the Health and Wellness Committee. All in favor.
Wilde Lake Cares:
- Ms. Torres made a motion, seconded by Mr. Mowatt, to appoint Ms. Caplan as chair of the Wilde Lake CARES Committee. All in favor.
4th Quarter Financial Report
- Ms. Caplan made a motion, seconded by Ms. Torres, to approve the 4th Quarter Financial Report. All in favor.
- Ms. Caplan made a motion, seconded by Ms. Torres, to approve the management contract as modified. All in favor.
Board Orientation Date
The Board tentatively scheduled a board orientation for Wednesday, June 20 at 6pm. Mr. Mowatt will confirm his travel schedule.
AC Liaison Report: A written report was submitted.
Manager: Ms. Shulder explained that the e-newsletter is in transition. The most recent shorter format has received positive feedback. As part of the website re-design, the e-newsletter will also have a new look.
Chair: Mr. McAliley is working with a group of realtors for a bus tour of Wilde Lake in August. He shared a map of the route that he will suggest.
- Ms. Torres made a motion, seconded by Ms. Calder, to adjourn the meeting at 8:25pm. All in favor.