Village Board Meeting June 1, 2020


A virtual meeting of the Wilde Lake Village Board was called to order via Zoom by Kevin McAliley, Chair,on June 1, 2020 at 6:34pm.  Members present were Kevin McAliley, Chair; Laura Torres, Vice Chair, Steven Campbell, Bess Caplan, Jeff Friedhoffer, Nancy McCord, Columbia Council Rep; Kristin Shulder, Village Manager, and Carole Black, Board Secretary.

  • Ms. Shulder requested the addition of Village Annual Charge Share under Order of Business.
  • Ms. Torres made a motion, seconded by Ms. McCord, to approve the amended agenda for June 1, 2020. All in favor.
  • Ms. Caplan made a motion, seconded by Mr Friedhoffer, to approve the minutes of May 4, 2020. All in favor.

Amended Management Contract

Ms. Shulder noted the two amendments to the Management Contract:

  • Waiving the cap on cash reserve for FY2020
  • Raising the threshold for repairs from $1,000 to $2,000. When the issue was discussed last month, Ms. Shulder thought that change was only for FY2021. However, it is a permanent change in the amended contract. Ms. Shulder asked the Board to request this item be reconsidered each year.
  • Ms. Caplan made a motion, seconded by Ms. Torres, to accept the change in the cap on case reserves and not to accept a permanent change in the repairs threshold.  All in favor.

Annual Charge Share

  • Ms. Shulder informed the Board the CA Board is recommending an additional reduction to the annual charge that the villages receive. The CA Board will be meeting in closed session on Thursday, June 4 to discuss this issue.
  • Mr. Friedhoffer made a motion, seconded by Ms. Torres, to object to the additional reduction to the annual charge. All in favor.
  • Mr. McAliley noted that the Village Board Chairs will meet on Tuesday, June 2, to discuss this issue.

Columbia Council Rep: No report


Wilde Lake CARES:

Ms. Caplan reported that she helped a resident with flooding issues. She also provided information on Sycamore trees which will be included in the newsletter. Ms. Caplan is working with an organization,Harvest United, which is collecting donations and asking for volunteers to help grow food for those in need.

Education: Mr. Friedhoffer reported that school is ending in June. He will get in contact with the principals in July to get information on the coming school year.

Health and Wellness: Ms. Torres has no updates at this time. She continues to provide information for the newsletter.

Neighborhood Reps: Mr. Campbell has reached out to residents already on the list. He will work with Steve Mowatt, last year’s NR Chair, to get more information.

AC Liaison: The RAC continues to meet via Zoom.


Ms. Shulder is working on a Return to Work Plan for Slayton House. Most rentals have been cancelled through September.

Chair: Mr. McAliley encouraged the Board to reach out to the community during this time.


Ms. McCord made a motion, seconded by Mr. Friedhoffer, to adjourn the meeting at 7:56pm. All in favor.


Submitted by

Carole Black

Board Secretary

Approved 07/06/20

This entry was posted on Thursday, May 7th, 2020 at 9:31 am. Both comments and pings are currently closed.