CALL TO ORDER
A regular meeting of the Wilde Lake Village Board was called to order by Kevin McAliley, Chair,on August 5, 2019 at 6:30pm at Slayton House, Columbia, Maryland. Members present were Kevin McAliley, Chair; Stephen Mowatt, Vice Chair, Bess Caplan, Laura Torres, Nancy McCord, Columbia Council Rep; Kristin Shulder, Village Manager, and Carole Black, Board Secretary. Bill Santos was absent. Also present were Kevin Minney, WLHS Boosters, and Carl McKinney, Covenant Advisor.
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- Mr. Mowatt made a motion, seconded by Ms. Torres, to approve the agenda for August 5, 2019. All in favor.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Mr. Mowatt made a motion, seconded by Ms. Torres, to approve the minutes of July 1, 2019. All in favor.
SPECIAL GUEST: Kevin Minney, WLHS Boosters
- Mr. Minney provided information about the Boosters’ Corporate Sponsorship program. He asked the Board to consider becoming a corporate sponsor.
There were no residents who wished to speak out.
ORDER OF BUSINESS
Request to Terminate Litigation: 10395 Green Mountain Circle
- Mr. McKinney noted that the property owners have corrected violations.
- Ms. Caplan made a motion, seconded by Mr. Mowatt, to terminate the litigation for 10395 Green Mountain Circle. All in favor.
Request for 15-Day Notice/ARC Resolution: 10316 Wilde Lake Terrace
- Ms. Torres made a motion, seconded by Ms. Caplan, to send a 15-Day Notice/ARC Resolution for 10316 Wilde Lake Terrace. All in favor.
Cul-de-Sac Beautification Application-Woodward Gardens
- Ms. Torres made a motion, seconded by Ms. Caplan, to approve the application and reimbursement for Woodward Gardens. All in favor.
Request for Operation Funds – Refinish Dance Studio Floor
- Mr. Mowatt made a motion, seconded by Ms. Caplan, to approve funds, conditional on getting a warranty, for the refinishing of the dance studio floor. All in favor.
Discussion: Neighborhood Centers
- Ms. Shulder provided information about the Wilde Lake neighborhood centers. The CA Board will be making decisions about neighborhood centers soon.
Input for FY2021/FY2022 CA Budgets
- The Board would like more pet waste stations with compostable bags. There was a question about funding for a new wading pool at the Swim Center. Village input is due by September 6.
WLHS Boosters Request for Sponsorship
- Ms. McCord made a motion, seconded by Ms. Torres to donate $500 for a sponsorship for WLHS Boosters program. All in favor.
Columbia Council Rep: No report.
AC Liaison: A written report was submitted. Ms. Torres provided additional details.
Wilde Lake CARES:
Ms. Caplan reported that she is working on ideas to approach merchants about not using plastic straws, bags and cups. The plant exchange is coming up and there will be a fall clean up.
Education: The meeting on redistricting is tentatively scheduled for August 19.
Health and Wellness: Ms. Torres reminded everyone about the free outdoor yoga class on National Night Out on August 6.
Neighborhood Reps: Mr. Mowatt will attend the cookout at the Vista apartments.
Manager: Ms. Shulder noted that the new sculpture has been installed in front of Slayton House.
Chair: No report.
- Ms. Torres made a motion, seconded by Ms. Caplan, to adjourn the meeting at 8:35pm. All in favor.