CALL TO ORDER
A regular meeting of the Wilde Lake Village Board was called to order by Kevin McAliley, Chair, on April 15, 2019 at 6:30pm at Slayton House, Columbia, Maryland. Members present were Kevin McAliley, Chair; Laura Torres, Vice Chair; Mary Calder; Bess Caplan; and Kristin Shulder, Village Manager. Stephen Mowatt; Nancy McCord, Columbia Council Rep; were absent. Also present was Genie Wessel, Wilde Lake representative to the CA Senior Advisory Committee.
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- Ms. Caplan made a motion, seconded by Ms. Torres, to approve the agenda for April 15, 2019. All in favor.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Ms. Caplan made a motion, seconded by Ms. Calder, to approve the minutes of April 1, 2019. All in favor.
Genie Wessel reported that the CA Senior Advisory Committee will start meeting every other month again beginning in May. She has been working with Laura Torres to organize Narcan trainings presented by the Howard County Health Department.
ORDER OF BUSINESS
- Ms. Torres made a motion, seconded by Ms. Calder, to approve the FY2020 budget as presented. All in favor.
Request for Operating Funds: Paint Neighborhood Centers
- Ms. Caplan made a motion, seconded by Ms. Torres, to approve operating funds to paint the neighborhood centers. All in favor.
Request for Capital Funds: Replace Dance Studio Blinds
- Ms. Caplan made a motion, seconded by Ms. Calder, to approve capital funds to replace the dance studio blinds. All in favor.
Ms. Shulder reported that Ms. Caplan’s video on our facebook page was a big hit. Rachael Strube will be contacting other committee chairs and Board members for future videos.
Ms. Torres said that the Lisele, who is leading the Narcan trainings, suggested opening them up to the community. Drug Take Back Day is April 27.
Ms. Caplan is seeking more volunteers for the plant exchange and tree planting. Mr. McAliley and Ms. Calder to help. Need to promote the tree planting
- Ms. Torres made a motion, seconded by Ms. Calder, to adjourn the meeting at 7:00pm. All in favor.