CALL TO ORDER
A regular meeting of the Wilde Lake Village Board was called to order by Kevin McAliley, Chair,on November 4, 2019 at 6:32pm at Slayton House, Columbia, Maryland. Members present were Kevin McAliley, Chair; Stephen Mowatt, Vice Chair, Bess Caplan, Bill Santos Laura Torres,; Nancy McCord, Columbia Council Rep, and Carole Black, Board Secretary. Kristin Shulder, Village Manager, was absent. Also present were Carl McKinney, Covenant Advisor, and Patrick Croushler and Amanda Llorens, BWES PTA.
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- Mr. Santos made a motion, seconded by Ms. Torres, to approve the agenda for November 4, 2019. All in favor.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Ms. Caplan made a motion, seconded by Mr. Mowatt, to approve the minutes of October 7, 2019. All in favor.
SPECIAL GUEST: Andy Stack, Chair, CA Board of Directors
Mr. Stack provided financial information, Board highlights and accomplishments, the 5-year strategic plan and Board initiatives for 2020.
Emphasis is being placed on the environment under the recommendations by the Advisory Committee on Climate Change.
Board initiatives include decisions on the Art Center and Stone House renovations, Village/CA relationships and the future of the neighborhood centers.
There were no residents who wished to speak out.
ORDER OF BUSINESS
Request for Donation: Bryant Woods Elementary School PTA
Patrick Croushler and Amanda Llorens asked for a donation to help fund their school wide dance.
- Ms. Caplan made a motion, seconded by Mr. Santos, to approve a donation of $500 to BWES PTA for their school dance. All in favor.
Request to Remove Flag and Restore Access to CA Facilities: 10358 Jason Lane
Mr. McKinney reported that most of the violations have been corrected. He recommended removing the flag on the property.
- Mr. Santos made a motion, seconded by Mr. Mowatt, to recommend removal of the flag and restoring access to CA facilities for 10358 Jason Lane. All in favor.
2020 Holiday Schedule
- Mr. Santos made a motion, seconded by Ms. Torres, to approve the 2020 holiday schedule. All in favor.
Employee Healthcare Coverage Eligibility Agreement
- Ms. Torres made a motion, seconded by Ms. Caplan, to approve the changes to the Employee Healthcare Coverage Eligibility Adoption Agreement and elected to offer medical benefits to employees who are regularly scheduled to work 30 or more hours per week (but less than 37.5 hours). All in favor..
Discussion: Community Feedback Survey
Mr. Mowatt presented the results of the survey. The Board discussed ideas for increasing attendance at Slayton House. This will be discussed further at the next meeting.
Discussion: Village Green: Rethinking the Space
Ms. Caplan presented some ideas of ways to improve the village green space. Board members were encouraged to send her ideas to be discussed at the next meeting.
Columbia Council Rep: No report.
AC Liaison: A written report was submitted. Ms. Torres provided additional details.
Wilde Lake CARES:
Ms. Caplan reminded everyone that the cleanup was on Saturday, November 10.
Education: Mr. Santos reported that he is working on setting up a meeting with the PTAs.
Health and Wellness: Ms. Torres is working on a presentation on plant based foods.
Neighborhood Reps: Ms. Caplan suggested changing the name to community outreach.
Manager: Ms. Shulder provided a written report.
Chair: No report.
- Mr. Santos made a motion, seconded by Ms. Caplan, to adjourn the meeting at 8:45pm. All in favor.