CALL TO ORDER
A virtual meeting of the Wilde Lake Village Board was called to order via Zoom by Kevin McAliley, Chair, on March 15, 2021 at 6:31pm. Members present were Kevin McAliley, Chair; Laura Torres, Vice Chair, Steven Campbell, Bess Caplan, Jeff Friedhoffer, Nancy McCord, Columbia Council Rep; Kristin Shulder, Village Manager, and Carole Black, Board Secretary. Also present was Wilde Lake resident Tina Horn.
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- Ms. Torres made a motion, seconded by Mr. Campbell, to approve the agenda for March 15, 2021. All in favor.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Ms. Torres made a motion, seconded by Ms. Caplan, to approve the minutes of March 1, 2021. All in favor.
Tina Horn thanked the Village Board for their work on behalf of Wilde Lake.
ORDER OF BUSINESS
FY2021 Third Quarter Financial Report
- Mr. Friedhoffer made a motion, seconded by Ms. Torres, to accept the Third Quarter Financial Report. All in favor.
Donation Howard County Community College Educational Foundation: WLCA Endowment
- There is currently a balance of $5502.60 to fully fund the endowment.
- Mr. Friedhoffer made a motion, seconded by Ms. Caplan, to approve $5,502.60 to fully fund the endowment. All in favor.
Request for Capital Funds: Install Motor Operator on Loading Dock Door
- Mr. Friedhoffer made a motion, seconded by Ms. Torres, to approve funds for the installation of a motor operator for the loading dock door. All in favor.
Request for Operating Funds: Clean and Re-Coat Dance Studio Floor
- Mr. Torres made a motion, seconded by Mr. Friedhoffer, to approve funds to clean and recoat the Dance Studio floor. All in favor.
CA Tree Planting Project
Ms. Caplan reported that the trees will be native trees.. Ten trees will be for the Snowy Reach tot lot. This will be done in April. CA will hel coordinate the purchase of the trees.
- Mr. Friedhoffer made a motion, seconded by Ms. Torres, o approve $4,000 for the purchase of the trees. All in favor.
Discussion: FY2021 Donations
- Mr. Campbell made a motion, seconded by Mr. Friedhoffer, to donate $1,000 to each of the Wilde Lake public schools. The motion carried 4 in favor, one abstention. (Ms. Caplan).
FY2022 Draft Budget
This will be available for public comment on the website. Final approval will be April 19.
- Mr. Friedhoffer made a motion, seconded by Ms. Torres, to adjourn the meeting at 7:23pm. All in favor.
CLOSED SESSION: in accordance with the Maryland Homeowners’ Act, the Board convened into closed session to discuss matters pertaining to employees and personnel.
To organize and operate a nonprofit civic organization, exclusively for the promotion of the health, safety, common good and social welfare of the owners of property in, and the residents of, the Village of Wilde Lake.