These notes reflect Nancy’s viewpoint only.
The official minutes of the Columbia Association Board meetings can be found on the CA website at:http://www.columbiaassociation.org/board/meetings/agendas-packets-copy–
Nancy encourages you to send her your comments on her notes. Please reply to her directly at Nancy.McCord@ca-board.org
- Russ Swatek, Long Reach resident, spoke about the work that the new Board needs to do this year. He reminded us of our charge and said we have an experienced Board to get the work done.
- Brian England spoke about New Town (NT) zoning. ZRA has been postponed until NT is done. The County is interested in Gateway but not really interested in NT according to the DPZ director. There is concern that the County doesn’t comprehend New Town zoning. There is a set of plans that don’t seem to be related. He recommends that the Board once again review the NT plan from a couple years ago so that everyone can all better understand this. We want to refer to the Columbia plan and maintain the current plan to assure we remain the unique place that Columbia is.
- Joel Hurewitz, Harper’s Choice resident, spoke about Long Reach, parking lots and Stone House. He is concerned about parking.
- Nina Basu, Long Reach resident, introduced herself to the Board. She is the new President of the Inner Arbor Trust.
Election of Chair and Vice Chair of Columbia Association’s Board of Directors
Andy Stack was elected Chair and Dick Bolton was elected Vice Chair.
Appointments to Committees
- Audit committee and risk management Board members were selected.
- The Board Operations Committee members were chosen.
- Board members were selected to attend and support one of the advisory committees.
FYI: Future Board meetings will be live-streamed. Anyone interested in how the Board functions should watch. Meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month except no meetings in August. In November and December, the Board only meets on the 2nd Thursday.
Happy Mother’s Day! And Happy Spring.